7 Easy Ways to Reduce Sugar Intake
1. Replace Breakfast cereals with
– Yoghurt – natural no added sugar or the ones you buy with fruit in it
– Yoghurt with fresh or frozen fruit (made by yourself)
– Yoghurt with honey
– Fruit or berries salad with a hand of nuts
2. Replace Milk Chocolate with Dark Chocolate over 70% cacao (used to hate it but I got used
to it, you can as well)
3. Replace Ready-Made Foods which an alarming amount of sugar (have a look under ‘carbohydrate’)
by cooking from scratch. I know you will find many reasons why you can’t do it. I challenge you to
find the reasons why you can do it.
4. Replace High Carbs foods with Low Carbs and High Protein.
Sugar cravings hit when your blood sugar levels spike, then plummet. Tackle this by increasing the
protein in your diet – it’ll leave you feeling satisfied for longer by keeping your blood sugar levels
5. More Wholegrain
Basically try eating foods in a state as close to natural as possible. Consider swapping white
carbs for wholegrain or wholemeal wherever you can.
6. Just because it’s fruit doesn’t mean it’s good for you, if you are trying to reduce the
amount of sugar intake.
If you’re trying to reduce the amount of sugar you consume, don’t overlook your fruit intake.
Fruit juice and dried fruit are full of fructose, just another type of sugar. Even if they count
towards one of your five-a-day, they’re very sugary.
7. Consider making your own bread
If you have the time and a bread machine, replace shop bought bread with your own home baking.